While August is usually the slowest of news months and a time of half-empty newsrooms and skipped magazine issues, Ebyline members have been busy bees.
- Emily Schmall recently began reporting on South America for The New York Times, among others, from her new base in Buenos Aires. Recent articles have focused on drug trafficking and politics while her blog focuses on life in Latin America as a journalist.
- Writer and editorial illustrator Dennis Nishi recently set up a YouTube channel for his multimedia reporting. Nishi is a contributing columnist to the Wall Street Journal‘s career section and covered Comic-Con earlier this summer.
- Lori Kozlowski is now the beat reporter for Forbes.com covering the resurgent startup scene in Los Angeles, or Silicon Beach. Check out her dispatches on both the startups themselves as well as the vibe in Santa Monica.
- Charlotte columnist and blogger Michael J. Solender is covering the Democratic national convention in that city next month on behalf of local arts and civics pub Charlotte Viewpoint. (And he’s available for any editor who needs a credentialed journo inside, he adds.)
- Sportswriter Mark Maloney snapped this photo of Team USA basketball while covering the Olympics for a variety of publications. Mark’s day job is covering college and prep sports for the Lexington (Ky.) Herald-Leader. Check out his London Olympics stories collected at his personal website.
We will be recognizing their accomplishments on a monthly basis going forward so send your newsworthy career updates to email@example.com in time for September’s update.